4 Sons & Sons

A discussion of Pesah/Passover generally and the Hagadah specifically. Please comment and contribute!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Linkage

I truly hate the term "link dump", but that's essentially what this post is. A bunch of neat stuff going on in the blogosphere (I'm also not sure how I feel about that word).

Skully has been asking me to find her something connecting cats to Pesach. The Goy Wonder has some thoughts here.

Gil Student links to a devar Torah that I intend on printing up and reading over Shabat about this week's Parashah. In Va-yera, Avraham demonstrates his famous trait of hospitality to 3 malakhim (messengers or angels). I had always heard that this took place on Pesach (as mentioned in the poem Omets Gevurotekha at the end of the seder), but apparently there are other opinions.

The new supergroup blog Maven Yavin (great name) has a neat post by Lamedzayin on tekhelet. As I started to read it, I thought to myself "Wow, this is neat. I wish I could make some tenuous connection to Pesach, so I could link to it." Then I read the 3rd paragraph. Maybe for my next birthday, the Saintly Woman will get me some snail snot stained threads. Speaking of my birthday (zayin Adar, you have plenty of advance notice), I don't own the Guggenheimer or Bokser books.

3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

Your birthday is Zayin Adar? That's so cool!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger skully said...

thank you for the links! cats + pesach= happiness

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Tam said...

It'll be even cooler if I die on zayin Adar too. Here's hoping. Actually, but birthday is zayin Adar II, so I have had very few actual birthdays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker