4 Sons & Sons

A discussion of Pesah/Passover generally and the Hagadah specifically. Please comment and contribute!

Friday, November 25, 2005

What people want

Like everyone else who blogs, I'm interested in what brings people to my little corner of the web. People who find my blog via search engines tend to be interested in 3 things.

1) Streimel. Since he was featured in the New York Times, people have been looking for his former, recently deleted blog. Streimel, was kind enough to let me reprint a Pesach-related post of his here. He is, apparantly, now at a new site: Conartistic.

2) Comments made by eligible bachelor Mar Gavriel seem to attract more attention than my actual posts. Even when I don't count the person googling "metzitzo" since that is obviously MG himself. (Who else spells it like that?)

3) Lesser-known biblical women seem to be of interest. My mentions of Idit (Lot's wife) and Bilhah and Zilpah (Yaakov's wives) seem to generate hits. Beli neder, I will try to blog about Shifra, Puah, Batyah, Serah bat Asher and other Pesah-related women in the future.

What would you like to see more of? Let me know.

5 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Rabbi Seinfeld said...

Here's one I use when I teach the function of Midrash:

"Who knows the name of Abraham's father?"
Usualy someone remembers Terach.
"OK, what was the name of Abraham's mother?"
Blank stares.
Aha - the Torah doesn't mention his mother. Maybe he didn't have a mother? Nah, that's another religion where they believe a person can have only one parent. (laughter). But if you look in the Midrash, you'll find the name of Abraham's mother, ________.

Stump your rabbi.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Tam said...

Nu, so what's her name?

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Eligible Bachelor Mar Gavriel said...

1. The legendary name of Avrohom's mother is in the Gemoro, in-- is it-- Chulllin?

Eimtelai bath KarnebĂ´.

2. How did you find the Google searches?

3. I don't remember having found your page by googling "metzitzo", but I certainly might have.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Tam said...

1) Just googling tells me it's Bava Batra, but I haven't had a chance to look it up.
2) The site meters at the bottom of the page.
3) That was a joke, son! A joke!

and welcome to the site, Rabbi Seinfeld, please comment early and often.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous pet loving freak said...

i would like to see more stories regarding pets and pesach!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker